Monday, July 6, 2009

Caricture Series #1 Jason

Lately I've been really bad at motivating myself to make art so I've deemed that more aggressive measures are necessary. I've decided to give myself topics to draw about, things that will hopefully inspire me, the first of which is going to be caricatures of my friends. So here's the first of what will hopefully turn into a series.

This is my friend Jason. In addition to being one of the most talented musicians I've ever met and having funky hair, he's an extreme sneaker fanatic. One time we told him that we had won a pair of the limited edition Coraline Dunks that Nike released for the movie... And then we handed him an empty shoe box... This is what his face looked like:
















Of course we were just kidding and gave him the dunks afterward, but his immediate, involuntary reaction was pretty priceless. A look of abject horror and sadness followed by an aftertaste of "why would you ever do this to me?" Sorry we made you suffer Jason, but the cheap laugh was too good, and besides you have a bajillion shoes anyway.

Cheers

1 comment: